Summer brings up a lot of memories and many of them have been in your car. Big cross country family trip or an even short drive to the park, lake or ocean for a day of fun with family and friends. It doesn’t matter. Is your car ready for the heat?
You want to keep you memories full of the fun stuff – not being stuck on the side of the road.
Here are some helpful tips:
1. Standard check-up: Your car has gotten through the winter and spring. You should be getting a maintenance check every six months to see how your car is humming – oil change, break check, tire pressure, etc. Most major car accidents on highways are caused by a blown tire. Take the time to get all the basics checked before you embark on the road. Jaguar of Orlando has great offers and discounts for all of you basic maintenance needs. Schedule your appointment online.
2. AC check-ups: Is your AC freon and air flowing at the level you need? The last thing you want to happen is have the AC out when it’s 90 degrees and 90%humidity. Yet, we typically wait until there’s a problem. Get this checked during your maintenance check. There could easily not be a problem, but now you know and have the peace of mind. When you schedule your maintenance check, we can check your AC levels and performance. Request a check when you schedule your appointment.
3. Bugs, bugs, bugs: With the heat, brings the bugs. Have you ever been showered with a cloud of bugs into the windshield? Have you ever waited more than a few days to take off the layer of bug guts of your car and found out some of these guts are now permanent accessory to your paint job? Here are some helpful tips on keeping those buggers off!
- Wax every three months – this helps with all types of bugs and critters from sticking.
- Wash often – You wash once a week. During love bug season, you wash two-three times. Car care experts say drivers should remove love bugs from their car as quickly as possible. The insects are slightly acidic and can burn into car paint if left on too long. If you don’t have time to wash, spray your hood immediately when you get home to get them off immediately.
- Clear wrap protects – Road Wrap is a disposable film that is wrapped around your vehicle to protect it from bugs,
- rocks, and other items that can harm your vehicle’s paint.
- Car bras are not a solution – There is a danger in using car bras as a love bug defense. The bad thing if bugs get on the bra and you don’t wash them off, it will restrict flow to your radiator and your car will run hot over time.
- Bug Remover – there are numerous solutions out there that you can get online or at auto supply store that specialize in bug removal. These are great resources if you wash your own car.
4. Keeping you and your car cool. Also, how do you keep your car cooler than a toaster oven. Here are some simple tips on keeping your car cooler during these killer temperatures.
- Get window shade that covers your entire front window – Toyota offers a Heat Shield shade. Check with our parts department. Just make sure you invest in a shade that covers the window completely.
- Park in the shade. Find a nice tree and walk a little farther.
- Get your windows tinted – Having all your windows tinted will alleviate 40-50% of the heat. Check with our service department.
- Crack the windows slightly. Doing this can help to ventilate your car instead of having steam or hot air build up in your car. The windows on your vehicle have the same effects of a green house.
- Tilt your sunroof, but keep the sun blocker almost closed.
- Window visors allow you to keep the windows open a crack. The crack will not leak during a rain storm. Check with our parts department.
- Sunshades are transparent shades that you can attach to your car window by a suction cup. This will block about 75% of the sun.
- Pour a bottle of water on the car just before getting in. It will drop the temperature of the car drastically.
- Invest in a car cover. This also helps with protecting your car other elements dropping onto your car. Check with our parts department.
- Remote start and open your windows and sunroof.
- If you don’t have remote and are going to load the car, get the car started with the AC blowing and get windows rolled down to circulate the air.
- Prevent the sun from ever hitting the sunroof glass directly by applying body color matched vinyl sticker on the exterior of your sunroof. Check with our parts
- Travel only early in the morning or later in the evening when the temperatures are cooler.
- When you are not driving your car and if you are at home, you should park your car in a garage. Garage parking is always better than parking on the street or your driveway because it protects your car from sun and other weather elements. Parking in a garage will keep your car cool until you are ready to leave your house.
So where are you going this summer? We want to know! It’s all about having fun!
Your friends at Jaguar of Orlando
Owning a Jaguar is a fulfilling experience. But thrill, pride and sense of accomplishment that attend your initial purchase will continue and even deepen during the ownership period that follows. Customer satisfaction is our primary goal and that’s why all the consultants at Jaguar Orlando are here for you throughout your entire Jaguar ownership.
Our experienced sales staff is dedicated to satisfying our customers’ need. We encourage you to take the time to browse our inventory online, request more information about vehicles, set up a test drive or inquire about financing.
Our totally modern, re-styled Jaguar Orlando showroom has the latest Jaguar models, along with an outstanding, fully stocked pre-owned department which allows them to serve a more diversified customer base. Today’s Jaguars are more affordable, and are second to none in performance and style, allowing Jaguar Orlando to continue to grow as Central Florida’s only Jaguar dealership. In doing so, Jaguar Orlando and their dedicated staff will continue to service all customers, new and old, with trust, integrity, and care.
If you do not find the vehicle you are looking for on our website, fill out the CarFinder form with a description of the Jaguar of your choice and we will notify you when it has arrived. Or click on Directions for interactive driving directions and other contact information to speak to a sales representative. We look forward to serving you.